Date: 24 August 2015
Declaring victory means you’ve accomplished your quest. It means that you have rallied plenty of support from individuals for your cause as well as the change you’ve asked for; if not, at least a promise to change from your petition target.
Declaring victory inspires individuals who share the same passion to start their own campaign. It also keeps decision makers accountable for their promises and actions.
- Do consider the following before you decide to declare victory:
- Has my petition reach its signature goal?
- Has your petition target done what you’ve asked them to do?
- If not, have they promised any changes?
- Are there any dates or events coming up where my campaign will be re-energised?
- When you decide to declare victory, you need to close the petition, and then notify your supporters. You may want to inform the media or reporters who you have contacted and who have covered your campaign in the past.
- Update your petition page and social media platforms.
- Email those who you invited to support your campaign.
- You may want to document the change (if possible) in a video or simply make a thank you video to thank everyone who has helped. Be sure to share your video on your petition page and social platforms!